In this article, you'll learn how to set up your PushOwl account to work with the Alloy platform. Once you've connected PushOwl, you'll be able to sync data from your Shopify, BigCommerce, Klaviyo, and other apps into PushOwl and vice versa.
Example use cases include:
- Sending push notifications when a new customer is updated
- Sending push notifications for back in stock products
- Sending push notifications for delivery updates
Creating a campaign with Alloy x PushOwl
This video shows you how to create campaigns based on specific criteria, such as using if a Shopify customer has a specific tag.
Send a PushOwl notification to new Shopify customers with a 5% discount
In this video, we'll show you how to use Alloy x PushOwl to reward new Shopify customers with a 5% discount code once they've purchased their first order.
Recover Abandoned Checkouts with PushOwl notifications
In this video, we'll show you how to use Alloy x PushOwl to recover abandoned checkouts by setting up a workflow that runs once a week and find all recently abandoned checkouts, creates a discount code for each checkout, and sends a customized notification to each customer.
Get PushOwl credentials
Make sure you've installed PushOwl via the Shopify App store before proceeding with this tutorial.
- In Alloy, create a new workflow
- Select any app you'd like to trigger the workflow. If you're a Shopify user, you'll likely want to connect Shopify Trigger and select an action like Customer Updated to trigger this workflow every time a customer is updated
3. After you choose a trigger for your workflow, you can select a next block to add to your workflow. Here, you may want to add some other functionality, such as checking if the customer updated in Shopify has a specific tag. We can use Alloy's conditional block to check if the customer has a specific tag. The conditional block allows you to perform actions only when specific criteria are met.
4. Inside the conditional block, let's add the PushOwl block. In other words, we're saying if the Shopify customer that was updated has a tag matching "xxx" > then do something in PushOwl. For this example, we'll choose the "create campaign" action.
You'll need to configure PushOwl with a campaign title, description, and redirect link which will appear on the push notification. See the below images for reference.
You can configure alloy to use data from previous blocks, which means you can use the output data from blocks in your workflows. In the below example, we use the customer's email from the Shopify Trigger.
5. Lastly, press the Activate button to turn on your workflow! If you edit a customer in Shopify you'll see the push notification.